PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - harrasser proves dedicated driver is great
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-03, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Whiteagle
Major

Re: harrasser proves dedicated driver is great

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
is that tactic really squeezeing extra money? most tanks stick with vulcan/saron/enforcer. the big bucks is on infantry weapons. smgs, ns guns, shotguns, new max guns. much more stuff to spend money on.

you just cant have that much saturation for a heavy weapons platform, and make it so deadly, durable, and disposable.

this is why SOE is releasing new vehicles intead of even more weapons for the tanks. this way they will spread out the cash spending more evenly. lower player "investment" on mbts, increase vehicle diversity.
Well again, I think this is a Market they aren't fully exploiting since the Driver gets the Main Cannon...

You can only add one or two more Factionally-flavored Main Cannons, because how many different variations of "Very Powerful Gun" can you really make?

But Secondaries, with their much lower amount of fire-power, can have far greater variety in both function and mechanics.
Hell, they currently have TWO different common pool Anti-Air weapons, the Default Basilisk, as well as each having their Faction Specific Anti-Infantry and Anti-Armor options on top of the Common Pool ones!

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
you can also have a front mounted tickle gun for the driver, like panzer tank.
Now THAT would get boring really quickly...
I'd much rather give them the other gun already ON the Tank then have them complain about being "Taxi Drivers"...
If anything, I'd give them Front Mounted Flamethrowers as an ability if they want to shove their noses into the enemy.

Last edited by Whiteagle; 2013-05-03 at 12:55 AM.