PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - harrasser proves dedicated driver is great
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-03, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Fenrys
Major

Re: harrasser proves dedicated driver is great

We can keep the current MBT's and change the "M" to mean medium.

Then release an NS heavy tank with a crew of 3-5. Driver, main gun, secondary chaingun, tertiary mortar, and quadrinary electronic warfare kit (directional radar that you aim, EMP shells, radar jamming, AoE buffs or debuffs, smoke, chaff, flares, etc...). Maybe give the electronics kit to the driver, so they can paint and debuff targets for their crew?

Or just a driver, main, and 2ndary.

Personally, I'd rather pull a Lightning than a Magrider most of the time. It's a faster, smaller target, that takes less damage because it gets noticed and hit less and can use cover that would block a Magrider's main cannon.

The only time it seems reasonable for me to pull a Magrider is if a buddy is out of vehicle resources and needs a lift - it does not have enough staying power to justify putting a 2nd body in it when there are better alternatives available (like 2 Lightnings).

A Heavy tank would need enough armor and firepower to be at least as good as 3-5 Lightnings if it's running a crew of 3-5.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2013-05-03 at 03:15 AM.