PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Weapon Sales Problem, and my opinion.
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-04, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Re: The Weapon Sales Problem, and my opinion.

The problem I have with the nerfing/buffing and release of new weapons is only one: costs.
If weapons would be cheaper I would spend more SC on it. But currently I am on hold and only buy SC on tripple sale and weapons when they are on store sale. 10 bucks for a single gun is just too much for a game aiming at having hundreds. And then we haven't even talked about cosmetics (which I think where a f2ps main income should be, but that's my opinion).

I would happily buy more weapons, if I wouldn't know that there are coming more versatile (or maybe even better) weapons down the road. I have also bought plenty of weapons which are now more or less obsolete or turned out not to be as good as one might have thought and are just sitting there never being used.

If weapons would be cheaper I think it would also be less of a problem (especially) when they are nerfed. For a gun I only payed one or two bucks I don't care if it's not as great as when I bough it (as long as it's not nerfed into the ground). But when you payed 10 bucks for it? A fifth of the price of a full game? Completely different matter.

And to go a bit off-topic: For me that's less of an issue (although I still consider it to be one). But for a new user who doesn't know about double or tripple sc sales? I can completely understand when they turn away when looking at the store. I know we all love sc sales but I would even go out and say I would prefer soe to cut tripple sc sales and have less double sc sales. And in return lower all sc prices in the store.

And on a closing note: we need more loadout slots if you want to sell us more stuff. And please don't sell those. That would be a dickish move.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2013-05-04 at 05:47 AM.