PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Rotary/Turbolaser too good against infantry?
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 03:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
phungus
Master Sergeant

Is Rotary/Turbolaser too good against infantry?

Granted it took hundreds of hours getting comfortable enough to shoot infantry beyond 25m or so with the rotaries but now that I do I don't even bother with rocket pods. The rotaries take care of lone wolf tanks well enough - not as efficient as rocket pods for sure, but is certainly effective (working with another A2A reaver we were even able to take out sunderer's provided they didn't have more then 2 people trying to protect them). Against infantry though it almost seems absurd. If I had to guess TTK on infantry with the rotary, I'd peg it at 0.24 seconds or so, pretty much an instagib.

Does this seem reasonable to everyone? I'm fine with it, I love the fact i can load A2Am and not sacrifice my ability to to take out pesky infantry who are a legitimate threat to me. In my opinion A2Am really helps in Air to Air combat despite what people say and despite the fact they are broken. It does feel like too good of an all around weapon though, honestly it's better at killing infantry then the default gun.

Last edited by phungus; 2013-05-06 at 04:19 AM.