PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A confession
Thread: A confession
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-02, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: A confession

In what aspects? Handling?

I'll have to disagree though, was a huge relief driving the Thunderer and PS1 Sunderer again instead of the PS2 Sunderer. At least it can make a turn and doesn't continuously want to topple out of control to either side like a drunken sailor and worse, explode when toppling over instead of continueing the roll or simply getting stuck upside down, slide and deconstructing eventually.

And the boring tanking where you constantly have to stand still (and the frustrating bit where you take hits because of that from strafing, non toppling, stably floating Magriders) and accelerate again, simply because you can't leave the leading to a gunner and can't even try making a strafing run on a group of enemies because you'll explode due to a threat that came out of nowhere, each time making you annoyed that there was nothing you could do about it.

And that despite of better third person than PS1 and faster rotating turrets than PS1 (so fast even, it's insane: there's no flanking gain by having speed because you can't outcircle an enemy in a dogfight).

Speaking of driving, the Fury in PS1 was another relief after a lot of frustration on the PS2 ATV where you always get sniped or HE shot before the ATV even takes damage, while you're able to maneuvre without making a continuous 540 out of control spin as you tried to take a small turn.

So that really does make me wonder, what is actually better and is it just the Prowler for you? Cause I don't really see the fun in driving in PS2. :/ It's a "meh" situational means to an end to me in PS2 and it was everything to me in PS1.

Also, where the *(@^$@*(#*@ is my 0-10-20-...-100% throttle control? All or nothing is really annoying.