PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Test Server vs. Wiki rewards: Question for PSU Community
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-04, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Re: Test Server vs. Wiki rewards: Question for PSU Community

Originally Posted by Bocheezu View Post
It is pretty surprising to me how low the turnout is on Test. When they first introduced lattice on Indar, my outfit was going to have ops on Test the whole week and ahead of time I wondered if we were going to have trouble getting the entire outfit on the server. As it turned out, we had to split the outfit into NC and TR platoons because the two platoons we brought were about 65% of the total population across all factions. This was for the absolute, #1 most anticipated change to the game. We only played for a couple hours because it really felt stupid fighting ourselves, and I don't think we've been back for more than 30 mins since. Seriously one of the most disappointing moments in PS2 for me, personally. So many people clamored for a test server, "oh god we need a test server," "if only we had a test server!" and on and on, and when they finally put together a test server, no one gives a shit.

I honestly don't understand it myself. I guess there needs to be some sort of additional incentive to go there, because new content on its own is not enough. Not certs, obviously, but maybe some special camo/decals/titles.
I bugged Higby on Twitter for like 2 solid weeks, trying to get some word on the test server at one point prior to it's release. And then it's released and it's much like you said there.

And again, I hated the idea of providing incentive, but there just aren't enough people who want to try and test on the test server without it.