PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Spawns DESPERATELY need a redesign...
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-05, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Spawns DESPERATELY need a redesign...

Originally Posted by Qwan View Post
Good questions and if no one has answered it yet let me say that if there destructable then there worth XP believe me someone will blow it for the xp value.

Now if I recall the reason the Dev's put the spawn tubes above ground is because they felt that fights in small hallways was no fun and that they wanted the battle to be in the open, I think they misread how we the gamers, the sub, the people who finacially support the game felt about underground spawns. We loved the close quarters battles (well I did), Defending the base till the last tube was destroyed. I say remove the SCU and give us our underground close quarters fights. I mean with most of the larger stations they can just place the spawn tubes inside the building, work them into the faculity's placing them a short distance below the main floor, give them some hit points and let the gamers go at it. As far as the bio lab, yea they can camp those but there are two ways to port into a base not to mention the lift pads outside. So I agree with most gamers when they say sitting in front of a spawn room with a tank aimed at the shields is quite boring waiting for the base to flip, also spawning in a spawn room with a tank or missle blasting doesnt give much of a chance of taking back the base. So I for one am with redesigning the spawn boxes.
+1 I agree, I used to like them. I liked looking down and wondering whether now was the right time to make my push .... followed by 'oh bugger' or not as the case may be.