PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - WTF did they do to the VR?
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-05, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Chewy
Major

Re: WTF did they do to the VR?

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
It might be the draw distance. Try turning it up if it's not at max and see if there's a change.

If it's not that, this might want to be worked on. Long range weapons do need being tested too.

Threat: That would be a neat feature to have. Maybe have a suit add on for Infiltrators to see like you do in VR (only everywhere. White grid with black ground and such) and have people highlighted to stand out (so it would be a detection addition).

Of course, vehicles wouldn't be quite as noticeable with it activated to balance it out (or maybe the Inf's need a good buff like that? Not like they can damage them after all).
It isn't a draw distance thing, it's a new VR feature and I don't like it at all.

If you get airborne and go to the roof you'll see that the ground will never have that effect. In fact the effect is pushed BACK the higher you go! It's a another render bubble added just for the VR to make it look VRish. Like how vehicles, infantry, and plants have their own render distance. I think it's just about 500m or so on the ground (didn't test it). But 500m is lock-on distance and tanks NEED to be able to snipe past that to stay safe from them. I often find fights in north Indar need such long shots or risk a sunderer getting close to deploy and if you don't take it out ASAP then you got 12 guys at your back door with more if the driver sets up.

Not in the patch notes and I didn't see an option to remove/limit it. Some might call this a minor thing, and it is, but without very long range testing in VR then you're stuck with doing it in live fights where you may not get more than 1 try. The reason for the VR was for pure testing and I abuse that every time I get a few free moments. I am learning to fly in the VR. I can't fly jets as is, with this the land blinds me and removes the details of depth in the background.