PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What I imagined with regards to tunnels and spawnrooms and generators...
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-06, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Whiteagle
Major

Re: What I imagined with regards to tunnels and spawnrooms and generators...

I keep throwing my money at the Screen, but nothing is happening!

...Seriously, why don't they hire you man?

Now, where do we put the Shield of Interference generator?

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
One of my gripes with the current Amp Station is that the walls are just too big and as a result defending the base is never done (edit) from the walls, certainly not in strength, so it's difficult to tell but I hope this base is smaller horizontally if not vertically.
Well the Bridges would help with that... one of the most annoying things about the walls right now is how you need to go to a tower to get up to them.

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
^ It also drains the base's NTUs.
Working on that, need to do my write up on making Resources an Individual BASE asset instead of a Player one.

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
for the unsuspecting: ntu was the energylevel of the base. every base had a battery which had to be manually loaded by someone with a special vehicle, who had to fill the vehicles battery at a warpgate and return it to the base silo, to transfer the energy (ntu). draining all ntu from a base would also shut down the whole base including spawns and terminals, and switch the base to neutral immediately, rendering it vulnerable to a hack (capture) no matter if it had a lattice link.
this was another way of breaking a stalemate. the defenders would have to do a massive organised move to refill the silo during a battle, facing camping enemies in vehicles and minefields around the silo.

this was taken out in ps2 because the devs thought having to fill up empty bases where no battle is going on would be too boring. but considering that people seem to enjoy doing boring backyard destroying of gens and turrets all the time, thislegit way to earn xp would be welcome.
Yeah, my thinking right now is that Resources are three different flavors of NTU, they are normally distributed by a Pipeline (IE the Lattice) to each Bases' Silos, and ANTs now have the ability to drain NTU as well as collect "residual" Resources at various shutoff valves during the Resource ticks.

Bases then use all three Resource NTUs to slowly repair themselves over time.

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
This layout also effectively eliminates spawn camping by the use of nearby SCUs. In the event the spawns are camped the SCUs can be blown and end the majority of the fight while still allowing for a short term defense of the relatively remote CC.
Indeed, this is how I would have done SCUs; a Gen right next to the Spawns to shut them down.

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
As far as downsides go, I'm not seeing much that looks like it would be conducive to CY fights, which is a shame. Of course, that could just be a lack of cover that I see on the design. It appears that the assaulting force would be going right into the tunnels once they've taken the walls. Again, that may be due to the design's scale.
Well with entryways that are much better sealed against Vehicles and Generators located in choke points, we'd see more Infantry Combat leading up to a shield drop, possibly even making outright Foot Zerging the Control Console a viable alternate stratagem.

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
@Bpostal: I have been pondering on creating ES shields to block some entrances on ground level which infils could hack open from the inside or perhaps by hacking the CC. That would force the enemy to not immediately enter the tunnels.
Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
i would go with hackable shields that almost work like the doors in ps1.
Damn it guys, GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
Alright, instead of making Infiltrators go inside, each of these ES shield doors would have a Star Wars style control panel next to it.
You could either outright destroy it (I'm thinking three pistol clips?) or have a friendly Infiltrator hack it to flip control.

Now you can go IN, but the Defenders can't get OUT.

Last edited by Whiteagle; 2013-06-06 at 11:29 AM.