PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfits need to be bigger on Miller
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-08, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MrEclectic
Private

Re: Outfits need to be bigger on Miller

Actually I like the fact that we don't have huge outfits on Miller. Huge outfits seem to set the tone for their servers, and in occasion dominate the server's playstyle. I prefer the solution that has emerged here, where we operate as parts of an alliance. The end result is similar, but there is room for every playstyle.

That being said, we in Miller have a lot of unaffiliated players, and also people creating small outfits that seem to be unaware of the existence of the alliances. We need to make them aware of our outfits and alliances. Public platoons are a useful tool. People are looking for more organised play, but they don't know where to look for it.

Also, Miller always had a reputation as a hardcore server, and it's only getting worse. This is a server where a BR50 is just past the newbie state. And especially for NC and VS, this is compounded by the fact that we are underpopulated. A new NC or VS player is facing overwhelming numbers, in a game with poor new user experience and in a server dominated by experienced players. It is natural that this is a frustrating experience, and not many will put in the effort.

As for Rock Planet Shotgun [RPS], we are more of a gateway for the greater Rock Paper Shotgun community to come and see what the fuss is all about. Our Call to Arms events are such a showcase. We get new players that way, but in general our community plays a lot of PC games, and relatively not many choose to focus in just one. Nevertheless, we feel that introducing people into the game, and making the new player experience less frustrating, is perhaps even more important than any ingame or metagame goal, and that's what we're striving for.

Last edited by MrEclectic; 2013-06-08 at 06:32 AM.