PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Victory with Less Pie?
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-16, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Victory with Less Pie?

Just curious, has any outfit brought about a territory victory while having 40-45% population on the territory's pie chart during a two-way battle? If so, can you recall doing it more than once?

I'm thinking strategy/teamwork doesn't even make a notable difference on the battle field. So far, since I've been taking note of the various population charts on contested territories, I've noticed that the pop% is the single determiner for victory in every case. I know, no surprise, right?

I guess the game's mechanics are outplaying any advantage gained from playing tactically. Unless all of your allies are getting a kill every 10 seconds consistently for the remainder of the battle, you, having less pie, will eventually lose.

It makes perfect sense, I suppose. Imagine you have two apparatus that shoot particles at each other at a relatively fast rate. One shoots red, the other shoots blue. All particles have an average chance of 50% to eliminate the other particle during an encounter. Particles can also group onto a single particle to gain a higher success percentage. There are also "legendary" particles that have a very high success rate. However, logically, the apparatus that shoots a denser amount of particles will eventually overcome the other apparatus. Furthermore, assuming the particle spawn rate remains consistent on both apparatus, any moment of epic success on the weaker side will be rendered miniscule by the mechanics of the apparatus.

I really don't want Planetside 2 to be that type of game.