PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Nexus Battle Island Revealed
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-30, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Re: Nexus Battle Island Revealed

as soon as it said balanced for 2 forces i wasnt interested - this is planetside 2 not cod/bf we have 3 teams not 2 ffs.
Agreed. Perhaps SOE knows something the rest of us don't and MLG's caterings will turn out to be a grand success (will be monitoring MLG closely). In the meantime the whole MLG gig is feeling an awful lot like "Core Combat" all over again. A random "WTF" that has nothing to do with fixing real issues for a unique and original game, and a familiar potential for development disaster when it's realized it was a waste of time and money that is unrecoverable.

What gives me the greatest pause is the "Not sure how this is going to be included into the game". ... Then why does it exist at all? The implementation of WoW's Battlegrounds addressed a specific issue, PvP combat. One-on-one fighting in PS1 was addressed by continent locks.

Again I give all involved the benefit of the doubt, that all this MLG business (hand crafted one-on-one playgrounds, etc) could be part of what defines the good parts of Planetside 2 years from now. Nevertheless, "One in the hand is worth two in the bush" is the summation that comes to mind.

Last edited by Edfishy; 2013-06-30 at 02:15 PM.