PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - MLG Thoughts and Feedback
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
torokokill
Private

Re: MLG Thoughts and Feedback

I haven't watched too many of the war reports, I cannot make any comment on the casting. A competitive format of this size really hasn't been casted before. PS2 is forging new territory; I imagine we'll hit a few bumps along the way. In other games, casting is meant to entertain the audience and help explain the game to people who don't know all the inner-workings of the game.

That being said, I find myself a little disinterested when outfits not on my server are showcased. Nor am I the type of person to roll alts on other servers just to get my 5 seconds of observer camera fame. Edit: I suck at server locations.

An observer mode HUD would help me enjoy the stream a bit more. There was one instance on Friday night in which the person controlling the observer camera had to spot a VS player inside of an amp station to see their name. Not only was this not visible by default, but I think the observer may have spotted the player out for his faction as the player got jumped on almost immediately after. Not too worried, I imagine an observer mode HUD is in the works.

I feel a little disconnected from the fight when the observer just flies around in third person. I would absolutely love a mix of first-person and third-person modes, but I highly doubt it would be easy to implement a first-person observer mode.

Last edited by torokokill; 2013-07-01 at 09:42 PM.