PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: ESF Update Plans via Kevmo
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-02, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Valkar
Private

Re: ESF Update Plans via Kevmo

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
They would have to actually make jets if you want jet combat. What they did was make all the ESFs VTOLs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VTOL

If you had true jets you would need landing strips since you wouldn't be able to just fly to the ground and repair then immediately get back into the action.
I understand what you're saying and I appreciate that this is the route the dev team took to basically give us helicopters and jets all rolled into one because making two aircraft just wasn't possible at the time. But i promise you there is not a single VTOL aircraft in the world capable of flying full speed then slowing to a hover mid flight in combat, turning around and shooting at another aircraft chasing.

I think the point of what many of us is saying is that its time dogfighting came down to skill in flying where right now it is about keybinding to pull off a quick brake, reverse thrust and then hovering in a single position as you unload a clip.

Whilst many pilots will say this is skillful and many who do it are certainly excellent pilots and I have a lot of respect for them, I can tell you now that if they removed this, you would see a lot more pilots winning fights and the top gun list would change over night.

Why add joystick support when you just need to press space bar, shift and S right?