PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - It is as i feared... no deploy zones.
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-11, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Falcon_br
Captain

Re: It is as i feared... no deploy zones.

Well, playing more 2 hours I decided to get galaxies to see the new hotdrop animation.
Dude, it gives me so much nostalgia! OMG, it is awesome to remember ps-1 times!

But the topic here is about NDS, so I got sunderers, and have that impressions:
Attacking AMP stations is better, because the back entrance of the base is still a viable place to deploy your sunderer!
I do think the devs where real lazy when they decided to implement the NDS, all control points projects small bubbles around then that make the NDS area.
This means that in some bases, like the amp station, you can place you sunderer on the side of the generator room, so the defenders must walk an almost open ground to reach you sunderer, where it is well protected from the enemy fire, the enemy also have problems to reach the capture point since they must cross an open kill ground.
There is an easy way for then to kill that sunderer and get vehicles, use the tunnels, the bad news is, nobody uses then unless forced by squad leaders.
My suggestion is still teleporters with simbols over then, do you want to go to the horizontal generator room? get the teleporter with his simbol on it, it will teleport you to the gravitational field of the tunnels, but not force you to go under the base, where it is a labyrinth to most players.
There is also other problems those small bundles brought, some bases you can no longer deploy your sunderer near the teleporter or the jumping pad because they are too close to the capture point, I don´t recall where that happened, but it was strange.
Nott amp station is another base where the bubble is too small to have any real effect other then making the defense more hard, well, I still love to fight on Nott, but since the warpgate rotation it is hard to get there, a friend told me that and I could not confirm it.
But the most useless NDS was on the crown and on tawrich tower, they bubbles don´t make the defenders walk more, or less, and doesn´t change the attacker way of attacking.
Well, I am ok with the currently NDS, but I think it needed more testing before implementing it to the game, the feeling we are playing a beta version of the game to the PlayStation 4 increases with each patch they release.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2