PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-21, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

Originally Posted by Ragnafrak View Post
I like the idea of stealing vehicles, but it should be for any vehicle left unattended, not just the ANT. The Devs know that this is something some of us want, and they'll implement it when/if they're ready.

On the guns/passengers, though - NO, again! The ANT is exactly what Malorn suggested it to be, a space truck. The sunderer is your battle bus! If you put passenger slots or guns on the ANT, you inevitably allow it to be used as just another troop transport (guh, I don't have enough nanites for a harasser, everybody hop in my ANT). Having guns invites its use as an attack vehicle, which it should also not be! Having either or both of these features would influence the resource cost of the ANT as well. I'm of the opinion that the cost should be minimal so that it can be pulled any time one is necessary.
I actually suggest it to be neither if you didn't notice:

I offer it to be a trailer (truck-trailer, hind-carriage), not a separate vehicle, nor sunderer mod. This means that the ANT (Advance Nanite Trailer) is not capable of moving by itself and henceforth it needs self-defense tools (even passanger slots are self-defense tools). Not to mention that in PS2, the maximum number of hostile to converge on an ant is 666, not 133 and thus the defense may get a little harder, or actually ~5 times harder.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-07-21 at 03:19 PM.