PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Ragnafrak
Corporal

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
I still dont really see the need to have it separate vehicle, just let it be the sunderer with a module that takes the AMS slot.

Why:
1) Sunderers are already targets, You dont have to worry about one slipping by unnoticed.
2) Defensive ability. Yea, ANTs may have worked great for those bored enough to drive them in PS1, but in a game with 10x the population, they wont last more than a minute.
3) New vehicle, all new certs, more of a shameless cash in for SOE. Or maybe I just convinced them to do it now.
Why not:
1) Consider the bigger picture. There will be more than one. There might be 10 or more. Which one is the important one? Undeployed, they all look the same. Destroy the deployed one, another deploys. They become their own camouflage. Think about zebras herding together, their stripes melding with each other to confuse predators.

2a)Just as there are many who, like yourself, would think driving a defenseless ANT less than fun, there are others who believe the opposite. I am one example, and the group of friends I play with think it would be great fun to have to defend a mobile objective such as an ANT.

2b)Saying that they won't last very long is also too narrow a viewpoint. TTK on everything is less than a minute. There are plenty of circumstances when ANTS would be viable as well.

2c)If dying too quickly is a big concern for you, then this would be another thing to add to the list of reasons why the ANT should be its own vehicle. A separate ANT vehicle can have more armor and hitpoints, giving it a longer TTK. Of course, being too durable would mean it would need to give up offensive capabilities, as has already been suggested.

3)Everyone has access to all of the vehicles for free. Low-level certifications are not hard to comeby and are also not purchased with SC. Thus, adding a new vehicle with its own cert lines does not directly lead to more cash for SOE, shameless or no. Further, tagging unnecessary adjectives onto it does not strengthen your argument.