PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-23, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
kubacheski
Staff Sergeant

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

The concepts in the personal resource depletion are somewhat implemented already in the design in the fact that you get resources slower when the base resources are low. Something of a trickle down effect that reduces your income over time as power gets low, not in a constant cost per use. This limiting factor is the basis for ANTs. You have to resupply or you certainly lose the seige, you can't hold out forever.

Now for the cost of respawning and turrets, this is not a personal resource per se. The base is where the energy comes to activate the spawning of soldiers and should come from the base reserves, ammo from turrets comes from base. Vehicles yes, is a personal cost so as not to spam the field with it, but still should drain the base resources as you're using a base function to turn your personal resources into somthing. The bigger a something, the more resources it costs, both individually and the pad.

I love the promotion of supply lines via ANT technology. The question I have is where does it stop? Is it only bases? Can a AMS run out of nanites? How many spawns can a base perform as compared to an AMS? Should you also have to resupply an AMS with resources after prolonged usage?

If so, then why have separate vehicles at all? All Sunderer modules are dispensing resources that a base does (people, ammo, repair, etc). It makes perfect sense to have a module that has the singular role of carrying these resources from collection spot to silo (or other Sunderer w/module xyz). All Sundy's use them, the ANT Sundy simply can carry a lot more of them.

Last edited by kubacheski; 2013-07-23 at 02:33 PM.