PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Mattherson Alerts: Why NC/TR are so Bad, Bad, Bad...
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-25, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Re: Mattherson Alerts: Why NC/TR are so Bad, Bad, Bad...

Originally Posted by CraazyCanuck View Post
While most of your post is filled with humourous statements, I will answer one..people may avoid the alert objectives and the hard fights during an alert to ride the gravy train, knowing that easy xp return and very opposition is waiting at non-objective outposts and they may/may not be staying on for the full alert, so in turn give two shits about who wins it. Faction objectives be damned...its all about personal xp for some.
Can you clarify what was humorous?

I agree... a lot of what I do in the game is about personal XP - but you're not going to find better personal XP than in a big pitched battle and with the alert bonus.

Having said that... yeah - given a choice between a challenging fight where you'll earn more XP... and an easier fight where you'll earn less XP... a lot of people will choose the easier fight - just cuz.

I'd assume just as many VS aren't going to stay for the duration of an alert as any other faction, so that should be a wash. It's simply undeniable the behavior of TR/NC.

I do think the discrepancy is a combination of people being timid and not understanding how the alerts work.