PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Mattherson Alerts: Why NC/TR are so Bad, Bad, Bad...
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-27, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Mordelicius
Major

Re: Mattherson Alerts: Why NC/TR are so Bad, Bad, Bad...

Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
The argument that VS is OP is total BS, when any faction reaches 40% pop it becomes a problem, we have had to put up with TR having 40% pop on Miller for 6 months until the recent recommended server patch, but hey I could post something hysterical and nonsensical and say it was because TR was OP.

And yes I agree with the OP that its frustrating when the two out-poped factions fail to see the advantage of giving their full attention to the highest pop faction, this always occurred in PS1 and acted as a natural balancing check, this doesn't seem to have happened in PS2, player behavior may change in time as more outfits get established and can push their members towards objective play as apposed to 100% farming for certs.

TR is overpopulated in Waterson (Yesterday they got 47% pop after winning an alert and we still kept fighting them). You wont' see anyone begging players to fight the TR. NC naturally gravitates against the TR and vice versa.

Two days ago we lost a 3 continent Tech Plant alert. NC was leading with 4 the last 15 minutes. Do you know what happened? TR and NC was obliterating each other in the western Tech plant which NC holds. What's the Vanu doing? Vanu is capping an empty Mekala Tech plant with a full platoon. TR has about 42% Pop and NC about 36% in the Amerish continent. We eventually lost both the last 15 minutes.

What can you do? TR and NC fights are fun and relatively balanced. So, yeah the OP can keep begging, no matter how good natured the intention is. Players simply follow what's fun for them.