PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-30, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Actually nope , lattice do not create Continents pops imbalance , lattice create Zergs lines along the lattice itself , as much as iam on both side of the fence , it remain factual

lattice make it easyer to Zergs and outnumbers peoples steamrolling them along the lattice

I finally hate the Hex systhem for its anoying ghostcap and unpredictability , but i also hate the side effect of the lattice systhem wich lead to Zergs friendly tactics ...

Even with 1000 continents this wont change , this game need some in game mechanics that help to Spread the figth in a meaningfull way but also split the player based across the map in some decent figths or manageable figths , as long as the game dont have this type of mechanics we will have to face the zergsfest , the new ressources systhem will also not fix this issue since the it will be much easyer for a overpops zergs to come back with ANT transports and replenish their facility along the lattice , unlike a decent group who almost got lock by the zergs are most likely going to struggle and wont be able to get some Ant back to the bases to replenish ... so

An organised Zergs will still be efficient if not more with the newer systhem , so they really have to find a way to FORCE players to spread the figths across the regions and along the lattices
You just quoted my post that was the answer to what you're stating in your response.

There is only zerg because:
A) There is no way to lock a continent, no way to drive the enemy off completely.
B) The servers have 3 continents. The servers are relatively full. This means we're pretty much getting a two-king draw on each continent, since none of them remains inactive.

What I mean is - when there will be a situation where there's not enough people to create 3 big zergs (VS+TR+NC) on each continent, the lattice will shine brightly. It's population-related, not continentcount-related.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.