PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-31, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Actually i think you do not get the real signification of a Zergs , a Zergs isnt a unorganised large group of peoples , its the opposite , in star craft a zergs rush is actually driven by the player himself and he swarms hes opponent with a insanely large numbers of units

Actually a Ps2 zergs ( in Vs matherson ) or ( The enclave Matherson ) for refference are driven by the leaders , the zergs isnt a brainless Huge numbers of players with a tunel vision type of thing ...

The zergs are manipulated and driven by the leaders , The ps2 Zergs basically crash on anybases that need to be taken at any time and they redeploy the zergs in no time with great game mechanics that are ( exploited ) in these senarios

The Enclave was Before Vs matherson the only true Zergfits on matherson , capable of redeploying numerous platoon all at once on a single bases where the figths was already , 48+/48+ 48 % 52 % , and bang TE arrive TR jump from 52 % to 87 % lol and they simply broke then entire game making everything highly unresponsive spamming maxs and HA like no ends .. it is Horrible simply because the game tech do not suport such numerous players in the same area but also because playing 13 % to 25 % pops agains 87 % or 75 % isnt fair or fun by any mean , because if your goal is anything but kill farming , you will end up frustrated and anoye by this type of situations

Zergs and ( organised Zergs ) no matter how you want to call it , are infamous and break the goal of this game , that why so much peoples quit , thats why so much peoples think this game as no goal but either ghost capping ( boring ) or Zerging underpops , or been steam rolls by the zergfits
There are two definitions for zerg:

A) A single player or a group of players who don't have or don't utilize their personal skill and teamwork to its full potential.
B) A group of players that uses superior numbers against a much smaller force.

There're a few things to understand:
  • Zerg is not a permanent state. I base this off, even myself. When I play seriously my extremely strong outfit consisting of 3 people can hold off 10 players easily (happened, just, like yesterday). But sometimes I love to just say "screw it all" and start farming kills, just for the sake of farming.
  • Definition A doesn't mean that zerg is unorganized, nor does defenition B.
  • Finally definitions are interconnected, read further:

How to tell zerg from not zerg:
  • Zerg uses excessive numbers to kill a single enemy. Not to mention sometimes it results in mid-air collisions between ESFs and such.
  • Upon spawning a zergling never waits for someone else to spawn, he takes off, straight away. Even if he does repair the Sunderer first.
  • Zergs don't do THIS, nor THIS, nor any kind of tactical movements and semi-exploiting that will give them tactical advantage.
  • Zerg's answer to everything is Heavy Assault
  • Zerg's reaction to ESFs and Harassers is running for cover and missiles as opposed to focused fire of primary weapons.
  • There's always too many medics where the zerg is.
  • Zerg doesn't utilize spawn beacons to their fullest.
  • Nor does zerg exploit squad deploy as second squad beacon.
  • Zerg doesn't put destroying an Enemy Sunderer above their primary activity.
  • Zerg's typical way of thinking is - let somebody else do what I don't want to.
  • Zerg AMSes are very rarely loaded with mineguard.
  • Zerg always stays in close proximity to capture points, even if the capture area allows to stay away from it.
  • The zerg leaves the continent if the resource income becomes low. Only newbs and more or less tactically aware players stay, that's why I like fighting on a continents that are getting lost.

If an outfit has large numbers, but it's truly organized, its commanders will never allow for their members to go in a large cluster, because it'll reduce their combat effectiveness and they know it. Except for situations where they are pitted against a cluster that rivals their own.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-07-31 at 06:35 AM.