PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-31, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Stew
Major

Re: Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
There are two definitions for zerg:

A) A single player or a group of players who don't have or don't utilize their personal skill and teamwork to its full potential.
B) A group of players that uses superior numbers against a much smaller force.

There're a few things to understand:
  • Zerg is not a permanent state. I base this off, even myself. When I play seriously my extremely strong outfit consisting of 3 people can hold off 10 players easily (happened, just, like yesterday). But sometimes I love to just say "screw it all" and start farming kills, just for the sake of farming.
  • Definition A doesn't mean that zerg is unorganized, nor does defenition B.
  • Finally definitions are interconnected, read further:

How to tell zerg from not zerg:
  • Zerg uses excessive numbers to kill a single enemy. Not to mention sometimes it results in mid-air collisions between ESFs and such.
  • Upon spawning a zergling never waits for someone else to spawn, he takes off, straight away. Even if he does repair the Sunderer first.
  • Zergs don't do THIS, nor THIS, nor any kind of tactical movements and semi-exploiting that will give them tactical advantage.
  • Zerg's answer to everything is Heavy Assault
  • Zerg's reaction to ESFs and Harassers is running for cover and missiles as opposed to focused fire of primary weapons.
  • There's always too many medics where the zerg is.
  • Zerg doesn't utilize spawn beacons to their fullest.
  • Nor does zerg exploit squad deploy as second squad beacon.
  • Zerg doesn't put destroying an Enemy Sunderer above their primary activity.
  • Zerg's typical way of thinking is - let somebody else do what I don't want to.
  • Zerg AMSes are very rarely loaded with mineguard.
  • Zerg always stays in close proximity to capture points, even if the capture area allows to stay away from it.
  • The zerg leaves the continent if the resource income becomes low. Only newbs and more or less tactically aware players stay, that's why I like fighting on a continents that are getting lost.

If an outfit has large numbers, but it's truly organized, its commanders will never allow for their members to go in a large cluster, because it'll reduce their combat effectiveness and they know it. Except for situations where they are pitted against a cluster that rivals their own.
You want the Definition of the Words Zergs ? and how it apears as a concept in videogame ?

Read this »»» The term "Zerg Rush" or "zerging" has entered video gaming jargon to describe sacrificing economic development in favour of using many low-cost and weak units to rush and overwhelm an enemy by attrition or sheer numbers. The tactic is infamous, with most experienced RTS players being familiar with the tactic in a way or another

basically no matters is the Zergs is well organised or not a Definition of a Zergs is winning by Sheers numbers or attrition , their is No subtilitys or anything of that matters , if you use tons of units to basically swarm your opponents oppening the flood gates , it is call Zergins

Organised Zergs are even more a Zergs than the (( randoms )) who blindely become a zergs from the warp gates and then goes vanish few regions after that

In RTS games a Zergs , is driven by the player , who controles the mass of Zergling to acomplish a objective wich is detroying the ennemy ressources income and eventually the bases itself , the Zergling arent no brainers , they are driven by the player mind /point and click orders ...

In Planetside 2 A Zergs , is driven by the Leaders , who controles the mass ( of zergling players ) to acomplish a specific objective wich is capturing bases and reduce the ennemy ressources income , the ps2 Zerglinf arent totally no brainers , they are driven by the leaders mind / squad/platoon way points and VOIP orders ...

Is it the same thing , yes it is

A RANDOMS Zergs simply created itself naturally when player get out of a warpgate lock mostly and this ISNT a ZERGS that can be compare to starcraft definition of it , A TRUE ZERGS if you follow the starcraft origins ARE ORGANISED and PLAYERS DRIVEN Zergs , not no brainers randoms zergs

EDIT : In starcraft the thing that make a true Zergs infamous and efficient is how fast a players can get it done ..the faster the better

In planetside 2 the thing that make a true Zergs infamous and efficient is how fast the leaders can get their troups to regroup and crash on the regions they need the faster the better ( great exemple The enclave ) for anyones who know that clan know that BCP was the king of the Zergs For any matherson players we all know thats Vanu matherson as become a true Zergs driven by leaders

Thats said , a Zergs rush is controled by a players who as to quickly build a army or zergling , sacrificing hes economic developments in favor of building a army of smalls troops to quickly atack is opponents and hit in its ressources mostly first and then destroy this player by attrition and sheer numbers

So where in the wold did you even get that (( definition )) of zergs ? Where in the wold a Zerg as to be unorganised ? Do you think that in starcraft where micromanagement is KING the Zergling are unorganise ? No they are not they follow the order of the RTS /point and click players , As well a Ps2 zergs follow the Platoon way point squad waypoint and VOIP orders lol

There is no way that a zergs could be truely sucessfull whiout been organised

Do you think a zergrush in starcraft could work whiout having the RTS player to controle and guided them ? if he lets hes zergs going anywhere they gonna get destroy

these Zergs are totally organised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfl279o_Cko
here a planetside 2 Zergs exemple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H54QqQopzys

Last edited by Stew; 2013-07-31 at 06:05 PM.