PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-01, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Dragonskin
Major

Re: Essamir redesign is awesome, but lattice has made it incredibly zerg-centric

Personally I like the phase "Blob Warfare" better. Just a giant blob of people covering an area and all trying to get the same kill.

I've never been one to call large outfits zergfits. The large outfits I have been in purposely try to avoid sending all their forces to one base because it is a waste of resources/man power and time. It still occasionally happens, but it usually wasn't the goal.

Getting the blob to split up is a hard thing to do. People like the path of least resistance and unfortunately following the blob yields exp from base capping if nothing else. Don't even have to worry about being killed. Actually on my TR I even tend to do that if my outfit isn't running. Just follow the zerg and use my Striker to tag vehicles for assist exp... kill the occasional enemy that the zerg didn't catch. Easy game session that doesn't take any skill or thought process. Can't say it is as fun as actually participating in a squad with a goal, but at least you can feel productive even though you didn't actually do much... which is the reason so many people do it.

Why throw yourself at the enemy when you can possibly die and get out played when you can follow the zerg and get decent exp with minimal risk?

I think that is a problem, but human nature. Especially when you still have KDR and SPM as stats that matter to a lot of people even though they can be so skewed now that they are worthless. Following a zerg will usually net you a revive which means you will have less deaths on your KDR. If you follow a squad that tries to tackle their own objectives there is a bigger chance that you won't get that revive if your squad is slaughtered.