PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Hossin Available NOW on Public Test
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-02, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Re: Hossin Available NOW on Public Test

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
I am happily surprised.

Seriously, I did not expect to be this impressed by Hossin. The continent takes pretty much everything people have been annoyed about with base design and corrects it. If this continent is to be the premier fighting location of the continental lattice it needed to be 120% of what everyone wanted... and it delivered.

And ontop of that, it looks like an alien world. I mean that was one of those underlying annoyances about Indar and Amerish... Indar looks like West Texas, Amerish like New Zealand. Hossin... Hossin is like a mash up of Daegoba and Endor... it doesn't look like Louisiana, it looks... Alien. If this is the quality of work we can expect from Searhus and Eventually Oshur, I'm more than willing to wait.
Echo the comments there and of others for sure; especially ref. the designs based on what has annoyed most in the past. From the small part I've seen I think that the claustrphobic and muggy feel works for Hossin base design and while the drum of "underground corridors" etc. could be beaten I almost don't think it needs them here (obviously this is without mass scale combat and testing). The other continents yes as the terrain doesn't seem to lend itself to base design - however on Hossin it seems to visually look right on first glance with how you can just come up against a huge cliff or dam with a base perched on the side. Haven't had chance to look in the interlink facility yet but the few screen shots I've seen on reddit etc. look like it could be do with being more internally complex/interesting.

Wonder what the place will feel like when weather is implemented to the game - if they said that there would be dynamic water that formed rivers or something...

Would really like those arrows on the floor to take on a more base/installation design feel of the coloured Black Mesa style corridor transit lines; but thats nit picking on a first release pass.