PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-19, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Mustakrakish
Corporal

Re: Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return

I'm opposed to adding a kill-cam for many reasons.

First, there's the near-total destruction of stealth. I mean, let's think about this for a minute: any kind of ability that reveals enemy locations (e.g. Recon Dart, Proximity Radar) already requires hundreds of certs to be invested before it reaches usefulness. Adding something like kill-cam to the game does absolutely nothing to improve PS2's depth of gameplay or balance, and would instead undermine both of those things.

Second, PS2 isn't just an FPS: it's an MMO, too. Just like any other MMO, it has a learning curve and will require you to invest some time and (horror of horrors!) some thought into the game before you become good at it. Anyone expecting to jump into the game, learn everything there is to know in a day or two, and climb a mountain of pwned n00bcaeks straight to BR 100 will probably not enjoy PS2 enough to keep them interested anyway.

As far as learning the game and improving your skills goes, there are no substitutes for tutorials and the advice of other players. To me, it seems like kill-cam is just a shoddy attempt to sidestep the necessity of player interaction and compress the skill curve of the game.

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
If you want Killcam feedback. Perhaps it can be provided in an after-the-fact type manner....like two posts prior mentioned.....

....go to VR, sit in a "virtual theatre (with pop corn ?) and watch you previous death(s) since you logged on as your current character.
This, on the other hand, is an idea I could get behind.

Last edited by Mustakrakish; 2013-08-19 at 06:15 PM.