PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Central Thread for Revamping (Not OPing) NC as a Faction
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-02, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
blampoet
Corporal

Thumbs up Re: The Central Thread for Revamping (Not OPing) NC as a Faction

excellent post...
not sure if it is perfect as I haven't played enough NC- mostly a TR guy- but it seems to paints a solid picture of NC capabilities and shortcomings.

The only problem with this piece is the title.. it should read:
"What you should consider when choosing a faction! -NC part"

and now to explain:
what you want is NC to be competitive in ALL fronts- NEVER going to happen. This isn't "BS3"..."DLC me until I choke" (you know... two sides, equal in just about everything)

When players choose a side they take a faction that fights a certain way with certain weapons, not just a color or the textile of the uniform.

Every faction HAS (and should continue to have) things they do worse or better (I personally find that all these OP threads are total waste of time),
Your in-depth analysis of the NC side SHOULD BE WHAT NEW PLAYERS READ BEFORE THEY PICK A FACTION.... and make them think, "does this compliment how I feel I would like to play?" (less air, more tank and plenty of infantry CQC)

I would love if someone would write a similar piece about VS and TR and that this would be posted as standart reading for any new players not sure which side to pick (and what to cert first?)

If you want to point out problems- then point towards the issue that not enough is done to explain to new players what playing as NC or VS means. (or TR if you want to explain to new players the idea of "generic")

Last edited by blampoet; 2013-09-02 at 04:17 AM.