PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If they removed spawn rooms, instant action, and squad spawning...
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-06, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: If they removed spawn rooms, instant action, and squad spawning...

Originally Posted by mrmrmrj View Post
Camping the spawn room is only a problem for those that choose to subject themselves to it. It is not a game flaw. It is a player flaw on the part of the defenders. If your spawn room is locked down and that is frustrating you, stop spawning there.
Spawn room placement is the game design flaw. The way they're placed, the way they have been positioned since the inception of PS2 has been horribly flawed. Adding tunnels to the major facilities was a step forward, but it was a baby step and hasn't been expanded on yet.

Especially since the spawn rooms are:
A:As open and vulnerable as a Thai hooker during an aircraft carrier's shore leave, if the carrier hosted an open bar just prior to opening up liberty.

B: Placed in such a manner that they destroy any existing flow of battle within the facility. Ruining a majority of fights.

C: One of the major complaints about PS2's world design since it's inception.

D: Allow the defensive faction to establish some kind of limited, local, fucked up fire superiority (that again, due to their positioning doesn't allow the camped faction the ability to actually leverage their momentary upper hand).

E: Exacerbate any population imbalances (due to their placement and positioning).

This is not the official forums, You can't just say stupid shit like 'Spawn somewhere else' and expect anyone to believe you. If you want suggestions on how to make the spawn rooms better, look up a PSU member named 'FigmentOfYerImagination' My guess is that he's given up hope on this game, but he has put together dozens of posts, designs and ideas to solve this fundamental flaw in the game.

TLDR: Wrong, it is a game design flaw, not a player issue and your inability to grasp that is not helping the situation at all.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Last edited by bpostal; 2013-09-06 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling and shit