PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-09, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Wahooo
Captain

Re: Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
I was actually thinking exactly the same thing about all these flawed anti kill-cam sentiments that so far have all been counter-argued.
Nothing flawed about the anti-kill cam sentiments, and they have been counter opinion'd by you and only you. You have really failed to propose a valid counter argument to most of the points brought up, and more often than not argue yourself in a circle demonstrating how worthless the kill cam might be, then go find one of the FEW rage posts, or if there hasn't been one bring up the threads from a year ago. Kill cam is a flawed mechanic and simply doesn't belong. This isn't elitist or hard core, it is just someone who enjoys some of the cat and mouse elements of the game. The reason I like to play against other people rather than PVE shooters.

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
In the end btw it's not about a kill-cam feature. You can actually implement kill-cam in such a way that it would not give away your exact position at all, which would instantly kill 90% of all the rage against it in this topic.
And eliminate its usefulness... THIS is how you argue in circles. You propose different contradictory solutions. A kill cam that shows what? Enough information that a newb learns but not enough information that a skilled/aware person benefits more? That cannot exist. No matter what you do with it, it is either useless or MORE usable by the one with more information and in both ways something that punishes much of what I actually find fun to do in this game.

I'm not hard core. I'm not elitist. I worry about the players who are already better than me being able to gain more information from when/if I kill them. I am already worried about them. It is not flawed or wrong for me to think this is more information than I want to give up about when/where I am.

There is plenty of concern and care about the new player experience. Many vets and high BR players share that concern. But do you know what is never brought up in those discussions and with reason? A kill cam. It is a bad idea and you should feel bad about continuing to try and opoionate for it.