PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Roles for old slow guys
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-08, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
johnukguy
Private

Re: Roles for old slow guys

Originally Posted by BigGrayBeard View Post
First of all, I am 56 years old and my reaction times will never be what they were 30 years ago...
Any suggestions of a better role I could be playing?
I know this thread has been around for a while but I did feel the need to comment. First off, forget that first sentence entirely. Your muscle memory and reaction timing will be a lot better than you think with some application and practice and you will be more than able to compete with younger players. And if you don't believe that, I'm forty nine and perfectly capable of kicking ass respectably. Secondly, try out the medic and engineer roles more. This game really isn't so much about being great at shooting people and hardly ever dying as being able to work in a team and being aware of what needs doing at any given time; Playing the support classes is an excellent way to do that and to rack up lots of experience and certs much faster than relying on kills. Just make sure you max out your medic and engineer tool as quickly as possible and you'll find that the dividends in terms of XP more than makes this worthwhile. Then, when you do have some spare certs, try out something like the Light Assault and just have fun with C4 and a decent SMG. Oh and one other thing - those people you come across that do hardly ever die and nearly always win every one on one encounter - they're almost all cheating.

Last edited by johnukguy; 2013-10-08 at 09:21 AM.