PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 ruined Battlefield
View Single Post
Old 2013-11-05, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 ruined Battlefield

After 10 years and 8,000+ hours in the BF franchise I stopped after 5 painful months of BF3, sure it looks pretty but gameplay is shallow and quite honestly DICE lied point blank several times to it's customers about BF3. BF4 looks no different and aside from a few token changes the same problems still exist as does the same business model DICE has changed to that I detest (I don't want to get into it).

What PS2 did for me was give me a true "WAR" game, not 32 vs 32 wash, rinse, repeat, there is one simple way to win the map, skirmish without a larger purpose. Yes, PS2 has yet to implement that real purpose yet but I am being patient because it has me intrigued enough simply by pushing the boundaries of technology to bring us a game of this scale or rather potential scale. I will support them until something bigger or better comes along but my guess would be that will be PS3 or some other SOE title that they create after their learning curve on reaching so big with PS2.

I do wish they would ramp up the info train again...it's been fairly quite honestly.