PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So how do ground Vehicles really help
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-20, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: So how do ground Vehicles really help

I'll just repost one of my posts over at the official forum:

"Personally I think that it needs to be more like in PS1. Infantry fights inside bases and towers that are completely seperate from vehicle combat. The walls that they've put up around bases? Bandaid solutions that will never have the desired effect. Spawn rooms still need to be underground or inside large buildings, otherwise spawn room camping won't stop. Same goes for the spawn room teleporters, just a bandaid solution.
I agree with Teks, vehicles should be buffed to such a degree that infantry outside of bases are there to support the vehicles. Not decimate them as we see now. The role of vehicles should be to dominate open ground and bring infantry to where they need to go, after which infantry storms the base in question and takes on the enemy infantry. The role of the vehicles should then shift to preventing reinforcements helping, keeping ants away etc. Basicly control the open ground around the base while the infantry tries to take the base. The role of vehicles should NEVER have been to just farm infantry for points.
What we have now with the still too open bases is a situation where infantry have to have viable options to defend themselves from ground and air spamming a base, otherwise it becomes far too frustrating for the infantry.
Heck, in the future they could even design open outposts/depots etc. to be centered around vehicle combat with infantry there to support them.

Combined arms does NOT mean that you have to have vehicles and infantry all duking it out inside a base. That's just a *********** of frustration.
There's absolutely nothing wrong in splitting the combat up into different stages, while making each stage feel fun."

Some of the changes that I think will be required to improve on vehicle combat are: Fewer bases, more open spaces and longer travel time between bases.
Buff vehicles up to a point where infantry become support for the vehicles in the open.
Make vehicle combat more interesting by giving them more to do than just farm a base. (The new resource system will give them a bit more to do).

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-12-20 at 09:27 PM.