PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A question of slugs
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-05, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: A question of slugs

Originally Posted by Binkley View Post
For ages I listened to posts like this one and didn't bother with slugs. Then I finally tried them in my hacksaws and found that I like them. They're not sniper rifles, but I can finally kill people on the far side of the room. YMMV, but they certainly have value for the NC max.
Not much really, the problem is with a slug its ONE projectile and it will fire randomly into that huge circle of a CoF you have, sure you have a longer range but it means that its likely to just miss, hell unless somebody COMPLETELY fills that circle you could stand right next to somebody and miss with both barrels, its unlikely but if theres even a little bit of the circle not filled by the enemy your shot could go there and not hit a thing, and when you've got such a small magazine size and slow reload thats a huge issue.

You're better off going for the mattocks without slugs for long range, hacksaws you want to be right up next to the enemy anyway so slugs sound like a horrible idea which would also ruin the whole point of them.