PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A question of slugs
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-05, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Binkley
Sergeant

Re: A question of slugs

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Not much really, the problem is with a slug its ONE projectile and it will fire randomly into that huge circle of a CoF you have, sure you have a longer range but it means that its likely to just miss, hell unless somebody COMPLETELY fills that circle you could stand right next to somebody and miss with both barrels, its unlikely but if theres even a little bit of the circle not filled by the enemy your shot could go there and not hit a thing, and when you've got such a small magazine size and slow reload thats a huge issue.

You're better off going for the mattocks without slugs for long range, hacksaws you want to be right up next to the enemy anyway so slugs sound like a horrible idea which would also ruin the whole point of them.
I agree Mattocks are better for range, but if you already have Hacksaws and not Mattocks, watchagonnado? Slugs add versatility to my Hacksaws.

I don't have trouble hitting targets with my Hack-slugs. When they are standing next to me the targets do fill the whole circle and when further away, I only single-volley them, no full auto. Slugs make a huge difference in Hacksaws, which without slugs often cannot kill someone on the other side of a room even with a full mag-dump. In tower defenses, I can now stand at the top of the staircase to the garage and kill people at the bottom of the stairs. Unheard of without slugs. When I bought the Hacksaws, they had bigger magazines, faster fire rates, and maybe faster reloads, but they got whacked with the nerf bat. Not sure if I would buy them now.