PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A question of slugs
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-09, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Chewy
Major

Re: A question of slugs

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
The saddest thing is I try to point out that theres video evidence that our MAX is worse than any other MAX and get greeted by people saying *Ignore videos*... seriously some people are so stupid they say to ignore testing in control conditions as they think random fights where you could be fighting people with 1/4 hp left tells you more about balance...

Sometimes I wonder if thats how soe does their balance, instead of test conditions they just play for 20 mins and see what happens to kill them a lot and which guns they don't like at the time then buff/nerf based on that.
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ing-ai.139234/

That was me. I also posted those tests here, somewhere. I know the pain of doing work and having it ignored or countered with 2 word posts by people that never bother to look at what they see.

Though they do have a point on controlled tests being inaccurate compared to the gameplay from the impossible to count number of details that could, might, will, and never happen. Stats can read one way but act how not how you think. That's why I did a video for every weapon tests and broke down everything I could to basics. Raw mind numbingly weapon use without any added effects to see where foundations lay.

Does it tell the whole story? No, never will.
Does it show the starting point that everything is based off of? Yes.

But, on the other hand. I can see the flaws in my tests. And that a chunk of those tests are now outdated (again) from simple reload time changes. I already reworked the only damage change for MAX AI weapons (Mattock) in the last page but haven't bothered redoing all of the math to reflect the changes in reload times. Even if it's as small as the Scattercannon change, .0XXX, it still effects the TTKs where a reload is needed.

Maybe I should redo the math again in the hopes that something will come out of it in the April balance update. Higby asked about if it would be better changing weapons to fit lacking roles or just have new weapons and has already said that the ESAs for MAXes is getting a pass. Maybe we could see a weapon change or new weapons for MAXes. Maybe.