View Single Post
Old 2014-04-12, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Tier system to make fights more even

Originally Posted by Binkley View Post
Problems I see:

Scaling payout by pop numbers promotes the zerg. Why would a small squad fight another small squad at a small outpost for 1X XP when they can join the zerg and fight for 10X XP?

If XP is scaled by pop %, then a 3 vs 3 battle earns the same XP as a 30 vs 30 battle?

Population in a hex often changes drastically during a battle. How is this to be dealt with? If the losing faction all redeploy 3 seconds before the battle ends, how much XP is given? Or if a base is about to cap and my entire faction deploys there in the last 5 seconds, do I get more XP?

I never played PS1, how did it work? I'm having trouble imagining a good system.
The max xp was capped to 2400 I think it was or 2040 or 2044 I can't recall. The number can be adjusted up or down by changing the parameters of the formula according to the wishes of the devs, so there should be no intrinsic problem.

One other wrinkle from ps1; if you have participated in the battle and earned some of the capture xp you don't need to remain within the locality of the base for the capture itself. You've sort of 'banked' that xp and when the cap does go through you get whatever you've accrued. - it means you don't need to hang around if you don't want to.