PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Starting to realise PS2 is a bit shitter than I used to think
View Single Post
Old 2014-09-27, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Mietz
First Sergeant

Re: Starting to realise PS2 is a bit shitter than I used to think

Originally Posted by Figment View Post

"Zerg gets choked into a Hossin bridge fight and traffic jams mess up maneouvres and stuff blew up before it could retreat."

Assumed result: total destruction of the forward troops and possibly more.

Well yes, that's what you get when you allow everyone to acquire a (heavy) tank or ground vehicle, without consolidating troops in just a few units to make them effective, with gunners that can fire on the move constantly in non-forward facing positions, with manoeuvring space because the amount of units is less and thus the tanks not taking up so much road volume and a driver pressing on, focusing on manoeuvres to prevent a stand still of the entire collumn, rather than what PS2 does: have a lot of tanks take up space, stand still to be able to fire and have a long stationary conga line of ducks in a barrel form behind them and blocking them from backing up into cover...

And some people still wonder why we asked for dedicated drivers.
I agree but damn is Hossin shit to fight on at any level. Theres chokepoints for air on that map, vehicles have zero space to maneuver (which would be fine if it wasnt every square inch of the map). And to think i hated Amerish mountains.

Theres base turrets mounted facing a tree not being able to shoot at things...

Goddamn.