PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NCJD Volume 2
Thread: NCJD Volume 2
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-24, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DeathsVirgin
Private

Chapter 1: Graduation

So here we are again. We left off at the Xmas battle. January came and we were promoted to seniors, Platoon B. The previous trainees were graduated from the training program to the NCJD platoon A. The year went by quick. We managed to get the squad Kd to 12-1. F***ing 12-1! That was like 1st Division persistency. The year also featured bigger tasks so we were constantly working with the other squads. Killian and Sarah started dating and Tolky and Quinn became bestest friends after they found out that they were cousins.

Also, the expedition forces discovered a new continent. It turns out TR and VS had discovered it a few months ago and had been duking it out without us. It’s a mountainous ash and volcanic rock wasteland with so many resources and facilities. It also features dormant and active volcanos. There a a bunch of warpgates, which one that we took for our own. The mini force fields around most facilities to protect from volcanic debris were still functional. The Vanu did a good job before they disappeared. The continent was named Marif.

We had learned so much in that year and had so much fun, but it wasn't always like that. Last year was shaky. As our relationship strengthened, I had a few fights with Marie, Po and Adrian were fighting like all the time, Sarah became a bit antisocial, my orders began sucking at one point, but today was the day that we took all that and turned it into something to remember on the battlefield.

We sat patiently, all 48 of us in rows of 6, left to right squad rank.there were 2 rows per squad. I sat in the 14th seat. Marie took my spot with 989 kills, 212 assists, 94 saves, 65 MAX kills, and 67 deaths. She was the best sniper in the NCJD and amongst the best sniper in the NC military.

The seminar began with squad leader speeches.Tyler Gray, Alpha squad leader, came up first with his speech about progression.

I was up next.

Commander Jox gave me an intro "Squad leader of Bravo, 2,488 kills, 570 assists, 102 saves, 323 MAX Kills, and 410 deaths." I get a round of applause. I begin my speech.

"So... Uh... So I'd like to say that these past two years have been great." I reminisce. We've trained together. We fought together... We died together. I feel like wherever we all end up, we'll still be connected. Whatever squad, outfit, class we go to, we'll be more than a bunch of soldiers. We're a family."

My peers cheer.

"I think it's pretty cool how we all got to go to the Crown that one time and fought off the Vanu. The squad leaders really showed their true colors. What I want you guys to remember is our goal. Our goal to get into the military and make a difference. Take part in something way bigger than ourselves. I mean, if you think about it, Yuris gave our side of the war a whole new meaning. We fought to defend the civilization that we created, and we sure kicked a whole lot of ass." Applause. "I just want everyone to remember, before graduation, I want you guys to remember what we did. What we stand for: Living free in the NC."

Applause comes from everyone. I part from the podium and shake Jox's hand. As I walk back to my seat, I see Downs in the back waving a thumbs up. I grin. My comrade. My mentor. My friend.

"That was awesome," Marie whispers as Grace-Jo of Charlie squad takes the stage

When Guillermo Vetz of Delta finishes his speech, Jox gives us our official NC infantry insignia patches.

My dream has been fulfilled.

Downs treats our squad to lunch at "On the Pier," which is on the pier. It's the only restaurant in Poseidon and it's always packed. Located in a remodeled warehouse, there are sometimes enough tables for infantry. It's great for the economy.

I order food, and a beer. Downs raises an eyebrow. I challenge him with a grin. The drinking age is 17, which is the adult age. Conversation sparks. "So what are you fresh new soldiers gonna do now," Downs asks. Outfits are spoken.

"I'm thinking of joining Convoy," Says Po.

"AirForce," says Adrian.

"The Bungee Jumpers want to recruit me and Tolk," Quinn says.

Outfits are basically soldier made guilds. They are different from squads because the brass assigns squads. Every soldier has the right to do whatever they want, even fight their ten years alone, but if you want guidance, the brass helps you and you are assigned in a squad. The official NC-sponsored outfits are really cliques of soldiers from the same class. There is a long list.

"I was thinking. Well not just me but, Jeb, Sarah, Tolky, and I were going to make our own outfit."

"Ahhh, What's it about then?" Downs.

"OK, OK, OK. So it's like one outfit for all classes infantry, vehicles, aircraft, no permanent leader, just cooperative group of buddies" Sarah explains.

"What do you mean by no permanent leader?" asks Po.

"Shutup, we're getting to that," Sarah complains.

"If you wanna go in with different people or a group of friends, you have to elect one person as squad leader for the mission, and it can rotate every mission” Jeb says.

“I like the idea, but my question is how are you gonna get your name across?” Downs asks. Our drinks arrive.

“Heh, we’ll kick some ass,” I say after a huge gulp of beer.

Downs gives a hearty laugh. “You got spunk kid. You should register.”

“We did. We're in as the friendship squad!" I exclaim.

They stare. "Damn, you only had one sip," says Jerome.

"Kidding" I say. "We're Typhoon Lagoon."

"Mess with us and our waters will wipe you away," Jeb adds.

"Did you just think of that?” Tolky asks.

“OK, so you registered and all but equipment-wise. What are you going to do?” Downs continues relentless.

“Well, one of my guys in Camo Depot made some outfit camos and a decal,” Tolky says. He takes 6 patches from his satchel and spreads them out on the table.

“Damn, those are cool,” Jerome says.

“And this is our outfit insignia” he says. Jill goes off.

“Holy crap! That’s the Tsunami!” Jill exclaims.

“Oh shit here she goes,” Marie says.

“The year. 1281. Second Invasion of Hakata Bay. Mongolian Navy fleet tries to invade Japan. Under the leadership of Kublai Khan, they advance with pride and 4,400 ships, outnumbering the Japanese. Their fleet is destroyed by a powerful typhoon off the coast. Raging storm surges for two days decimating their fleet. Then came the name tsunami-divine wind."

"You....can shutup now," Po says. She nudges him.

"Any of you who wanna join us, we're more than happy to have you," I say. "I know some of you guys had big plans but...you know, there's always room for one more."

"Yeah, just think about it," Jeb says.

"I'm already in," Hazel exclaims. Everyone but pending Po, Jill, and Killian join our outfit.

Our food arrives and we feast.

Grandpa would be so proud.

Last edited by DeathsVirgin; 2015-03-24 at 08:21 PM.