PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NCJD Volume 2
Thread: NCJD Volume 2
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-24, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DeathsVirgin
Private

Chapter 5: High Tide

It’s been 13 hours since we arrived. We are sleeping either in the trunks or cushions of the vehicles. A banging noise comes from outside knocking on the steel door with might.

“Yo! Anyone order a cup of Freedom?” a Typhoon Lagoon member asks.

Xin grins “Our guys are finally here.”

“Sounds like Logg” Gurgen grumbles.

We open the door. Gun fire rattles in the air. The scientist begin to pacinc but we calm them down.

“What's Up?” I ask.

“We’ve taken over the area, but Terran won’t give,” Logg says.

“We’re just pushing them back, so maybe the elite can help,” Jaimie says.

Xin shrugs off her friend. We depart from the scientists and go into battle. The sunlight refracts through the fog, but as we climb the stairs of the nearest base to higher elevation, we see Terran shooting.

“Sh*t! Take cover!” Gurgen says. He gives us cover fire as we rush for a spot.

“Marie take out those turrets!” I say. The 800 RPM Engineer Turrets rain hell upon us.

“On it!” She takes out her sniper from her back. She takes aim and double taps. Both engineers fall. More of our troops drop from Gals or arrive in Sundies.

We move from cover to cover Advancing to the many squad beacons laid out, surrounded by crouching MAX’s as a final push. The Terran soldiers have no cover. As the pods land, they are only able to catch a glimpse of our green blue and yellow camo before their bodies are full of holes.

“Keep going!” I yell. My health is low and dropping. I look back at dead Sarah being taken care of by, Sasha. Another shot enters my shoulder. I take aim with my pistol in my non-dominant hand and fire a few pathetic shots. Only ⅜ hit before a shot enters my ankle. I urge my friends to keep going as Sasha and Sarah drag me to makeshift cover and begin streaming life back into me.
I catch up with everyone. To my left, a chaingunner begins to shoot. I activate my mesh generator and dive to the ground. I aim for the groin and let the recoil of my Anchor travel up.

2 light Assault drop 4 objects. We sprint away as the heat and force knocks all of us back. I hold on to Marie as we are sent hurdling a 30 foot fall into the swamp. I land in the thick mud with Marie on top.
“Sh*t that was close” she huffs. We begin laughing.

“Hey lovebirds! GEt ready for the MAX crash!” a soldier yells.

We climb back the stairs and se MAX’s slaughtering us. They are revived and dropping from pods. A grounder shell catches me in the face. I don’t even feel it. I wake up from Sarah.

“If I had a Cert for every time I-” A MAX bashes her head in. Her eyes widen, and she falls on top of me like a stunned dead fish, blood dripping out of her mouth.

The MAX approaches me Cycler beginning to rotate. A fireball hits the MAX in the spine and the suits gives way. Shrapnel and parts of the MAX suit cave into the woman’s back. Then heat and force shatters her spine and burns all the flesh killing her.

Samir with a cheeky smile waves and continues fighting. A medic comes and revives Sarah, and Tolky helps me up. We continue our push. Adrian joins our compact formation with heavy turret support. We spray the MAXes but it’s really not enough. They keep coming back. The medics keep dying and the time it takes for them to respawn, kills more of us.

A soldier joins me as I take out my rocket launcher and we land two death blows on a MAX. I turn around to face 3 MAXs with Cyclers pointed.

I activate my mesh generator and shrapnel comes hurdling my way. I get knocked back, unable to breathe. Both my mesh generator and personal shields are down.

“Sorry,” Po says. I look towards the swamp in confusion.

“Aw what!” Jeb yells.

“You jelly?” Po jeers. We gaze upon the Mech prototype that stands with smoke rising of the double 105mm cannons on its left side.

“Damn!” A soldier exclaims.

A blue flame emits from the back of the Mech, as it gains altitude. Everyone stops fighting and stares.

“You….can fly….” Sarah says confused.

Po lands the Mech with a thud on the base.
“They let me have the Mech. They saved the blueprints but wanted me to test this out. I’d say…”

He begins shooting MAXs with the cannons and the 10 barrel shot 50 cal on his right. The Terrans Cyclers have no effect on it and the Grounders do little damage. By the end of 20 seconds 40 The red metal parts cannot be distinguished by the blood and gore.

“...It works pretty damn well,” Po finishes. After 5 seconds of being stunned, we cheer. The glass from the face of the Mech lifts and Po climbs out. He jumps to the ground. “The Mech Project is back on!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Man, I wanted to be the first!” Jeb whines.

“Oh shutup you big baby.” Sarah grumbles.

We are flying back to the Warpgate. The Mech is portable and can fit into the Gal.

“So what are the stats?” Killian asks.

“Yeah really. This thing is massive.” Tolky adds.

“How is Po the one responsible for this. NC is screwed,” Hazel says.

“SHHHHH! Wanna hear or not! The shit is awesome! Auraxium-reinforced armor. Bullet proof glass. 2 simultaneous 105 Howitzers built in on the left with incendiary rounds. A 10 barrel simultaneous shot 50 cal on the right. Jet pack for flight. Lasts 5 seconds. 180 degree rotational turn. This thing is a half ton war monger” Po explains.

“How much damage does it take? Just so I know so I can kick your ass when you get annoying” Quinn asks.

“Aww you two were made for eachother,” Marie jokes.

“Shut your face, if you’re talking rockets, then it takes about 5 shots to disable, 7 to destroy.

“OK, so if Po pisses us off Fred, I’ll go In put in a shot or two, you do the same and Quinn will finish it off with some C-4” Jill laughs.

“I hate you all…” Po says.

“We hate you too” Jeb says grinning.