PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NCJD Volume 2
Thread: NCJD Volume 2
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-24, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
DeathsVirgin
Private

Chapter 6: MECH Force

A few months later I was fighting with Down’s squad once again. We were Gal-dropping into a hot zone directly on the NC-Vanu tri-border.

Equipped with my Shrike, Anchor, and Grudge, I feel battle ready and pumped.

“Anyone wanna skydive?” Liam asks. We cheer as as the Galaxy travels vertically upwards to 5,000 feet. We strap on parapacks and the latch opens. The 100 degree winds brush on my face vigorously like a warm hurricane as I look down to the indarian landscape. Orange rocks, green trees, white sand.

“I like your camo,” Jessica remarks. I am wearing my Typhoon Lagoon Indar Camo.

“Thanks,” I reply. Timmy jumps without a parapack. We follow. We flip and spin as we fall. Chen Li and Timmy use their jump jets to land safely into the battlefield. We all meet up on the west side of VS controlled Vanu Archives. The VS practically live in this base. Infiltrators hack the place and get us knowledge of Vanu stuff but the Sovereignty has never really lost this base. This mission is just to keep them busy as we take over Allatum. They always call for reinforcement when we attack the Archives. I mean, it’s like their school.

“Let’s go,” Downs says. We rush the guards. While I run, I alling my blue dot with the chest of the guard reaching for his blaster. I squeeze the trigger, controlling recoil and land 6 direct shots. A siren begins to ring.

“They have a f***ing siren,” Sanjay scoffs. He jerks around and lands a deadly shot on a sprinting medic.

“Nice speed,” Illana says.

Vanu soldiers and scholars with blasters begin to pour out of the base. We run onto the jump pad to the base. I step on and and jolted into the air. I breathe deeply as I soar through the air. My body slows down and lands on the platform.

“I’ll never get used to that,” I mutter.

“OK ladies, strap on your big boy balls. I want minimum casualties! Medics on high alert!” Downs commands.

“Let’s do this,” Brody says pumping his Grudge. I switch to my Grudge with the 12 other people to accommodate indoor combat.

As we travel down the stairs, tens of Vanu rush us. We assemble into “Pain Train” Formation. A tactic Downs made up. All twelve of us line up straight. The non-dominant hand goes on the shoulder of the person in front of you, and your gun rests on the other shoulder. The MAX’s and Medics are in the back. When the person in front of you get wounded or dies, you and the person behind you have to fight until the Medics help. The healed/revived assume position in the back. When everyone dies, the MAXs do their thing. The order is Downs, Brody, Timmy, Me, Chen Li, Gretchen, Sanjay, Illana, Marcos, Jessica, and the MAXs.

We do a second sweep after a successful minimal casualty run. I hold on to Brody and shoot. Plama hit him in the thigh, absorbed by his Mesh generator. A MAX confronts us outside. I take out my rocket launcher as Brody reloads. Laying it on his shoulders, I take fire. The MAX shoots a beam of plasma vaporizes Brody’s chest as he prepares to fire again.

“Medic!” I yell. I step in front of Jessica and dead Brody and begin shooting. My bullets pass through the purple flesh at a slower rate doing less damage. The MAX fires. I activate my mesh generator. The Plasma hits me hard but dissipates of my blue glow. I stagger and fall back, but Chen Li finishes the job.

“Where in the f*** is our MECH!” Brody yells going to the back of the line.

“Right here. Nice timing” Liam says. We look into the distance and see a Galaxy flying low. The hatch opens and a blue and yellow robot leaps out, 100 feet and lands in front of us with a heavy rumble. Liam jumps off the shoulder of the Metal monster.

“This is AJ, our new Mech pilot in the squad,” Liam says.

“Sup guys,” we hear a female voice.

We resume battle as the rest of 1st division and 4th division push for allatum, fighting TR. Once they cap 2 points, we will join them.

AJ is skilled. She decimates the VS forces, so far that we barely fight.

We circle around the base for our 4th Pain Train, when a Magrider appears in the distance.

Me, Body, and Downs take out our rocket launchers.

“Panzer formation!” Downs calls. He kneels. Brody takes his right side and rests his rocket launcher on Downs’ right shoulder. I take position behind Brody on his left side and rest my rocket launcher on his left shoulder.

“Aim!”

I align my ironsight with the Magrider.

“Fire”

3 rockets hit the Magrider. It begins to fume and slowdown.

At 20 kilometers an hour, the tanks comes into contact with two 105 mm incendiaries and erupts into a green and orange firefall.

“Damn, I like your style,” Downs says.

“Not too shabby yourself,” AJ replies. Things begin to die down.

Downs turns off his intercom, “How much of a chance do you think I’ve got kid?” he asks with an unhildable sneer.

“Hey, brunettes are great in bed ya know,” I reply.

“And so are dirty blondes hehe,” AJ says.

“OH sh*t,” Toby laughs.

“Your intercom is still on handsome,” she says.

“And if I were in Terran, their tech would have worked fine,” Downs grumbles.

An explosion throws Downs back. Jessica runs over to him. We look to see what look like...A VANU MECH!

With a peculiar shape, the MECH sprints at us.

“Holy sh*t it’s nimble,” AJ says. Versus the slow heavy armoured NC Mech, it must be more vulnerable to damage. We let AJ do it alone.

She shoots but the Mech is able to dodge them while running. She fires the 10-shot. A perfect hit knocks the Mech back a little but they are face to face now.

A 5 beams of plasma and a cyan ball hits AJ. The Mech stumbles. With the short thrust of the jetpack, the Mech charges at the VS Mech, knocking it back.

“Give me some repairs real quick!” AJ shouts.

As the Mech tries to stand up on both mechanical purple legs, Liam and Gretchen stream reparative nanites to the machine.

The Mech stands and fires its five shot. AJ pivots and only 2 beams hit. A quick revert and 3 bursts from the 10-shot has the Mech in shambles. Sparks and fumes show the lack of mobility. AJ finishes off with an incendiary. The Mech explodes in green fumes.

“So when did Vanu have Mechs?” Toby asks.

“It was bound to happen,” I say.

“Yeah After months of getting their asses kicked, they’ve had to done something,” Illana says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We fight the Vanu but only scholars who barely know how to fight. A few points and Generators are capped so our transport comes. The blue whale lands softly on the grass. The latch falls open and we pour in. Exhausted we ragdoll in our seats. Even though, we begin to tease a vulnerable bachelor Downs.

“So Downs,” Laquisha starts. “When y’all gettin’ busy huh?”

We hoot. “This is the story of two star-crossed lovers. A Mech pilot and a Heavy Assault Trooper. These two might not be compatible on the battlefield, but they sure look compatible in bed,” Marcos jokes.

“What was that you said earlier Freddy?” AJ asks me.

“Uhhh... well,” I schuckle. “I said brunettes are great in bed.”

“We sure are Downs,” she says. We hoot and howl.

“OK, then how about after this, I take you out on the pier, dinner at the wharf, and then finish it off with some playtime,” Downs proposes.

The squad applauses.

She accepts. We have 20 seconds to get prepped for jump. We stretch out, reload, resupply, get back in our Mechs, and put on our MAX suits.

“We need some reinforcements on the ground!” The pilot yells to us.

We quickly pod drop onto the ground where heavy vehicle fighting is taking place.

I climb into a Sundy. I sit down where another gunner is busy. I grab the tablet controlling the weapons from the inside. The mounted weapons have cameras and you control them with the tablet. Equipped with touch screen controls, the user is able to fire and move the gun around whilst inside the armored truck.

I take off my gloves. Many infantry swarm, mostly heavy assaults. With the mounted Kobalt, I mow down Terrans as they begin to prep their rocket launchers. I feel a rock in the sundy. Then another. Smoke fills the sundy. I run out before the van explodes only to be in front of a rounded mech painted red and gray. It looks down on me.

“Sh*t…”

A rocket blows off my legs and my torso is ripped to pieces by two 1000RPM rifles.

I wake in a S-AMS. “Anyone see that TR Mech?” I ask.

“Yeah. Lucky bastard took out my Mech,” AJ says.

With no access to an NC weapons terminal. I run around in my underwear. I wrap a blanket from a medic around my waist and borrow his pistol and resume into battle.

“Couln’t we have terminals on Sundies?” I ask.

“NC doesn’t have that kind of tech,” Liam replies.

“I look ridiculous. And vulnerable,” I say. I take cover from a rocket.

R-espawning with no terminal nearby is horrible. No one makes fun of you because it happens to everyone. Lots of battles, you’ll see men and women from all faction scurrying in their undergarments, and blankets. I have no access to my mesh generator, nonetheless personal shields.

I confront a light assault. I land shot on him with my pistol, but one bullet to the chest stops me cold.

“PLEASE spawn in a Gal dammit!” I think as I die.

Sure enough I climb out of a spawning tank in a Galaxy. Naked men women are lined up at the terminals. My turn comes up and I access my slot. Going long range, I equip my favorite loadout.

My battle clothes build around my body, then my armor, and finally composite armor and helmet. I grab my Warden with a 4X scope out of the cubby. My Desperado follows. I sling my Pheonix over my shoulders and my Grudge is clipped on my waist. I sit in a drop pod and talk to Alpha.

“What’s up?” I ask.

“We’re pushing them back now. My backup Mech arrived with other Mech pilots,” AJ informs.

“Meet us inside the Lab, ***. We gon’ some help with C point,” Laquisha says.

I push the drop release and luckily land on top of the glass dome. I spot an clueless light assault and approach him. He continues to shoot down below with little regard to his surroundings. I grab the man, stab his jump packs with my Mag-cutter, and kick him off. He slides then falls down the dome breaking his bones and neck on the barriers. His body falls off the dome 200 feet down.

“Battle isn’t always about guns blazing,” I remeber advice Downs told me before.

I slide down the dome on my side. Arriving on the bottom, I run along the sides until I get to the platform where the aircraft pad is.

A fire fight is going on between a team of TR and NC. I take cover joining in. Utilizing my Desperado, I rise, land two head hits, and crouch again. A grenade lands in front of the guy on my left. I push him aside, grab it, and throw it back.

“Hehe, thanks man,” he says.

“Pay attention,” I order.

I see MAX’s surrounding the point building. Hiding in the green of the plants, I inflict long range casualties with my Warden on the MAXs until I am grabbed from behind by an Infiltrator.

His knife presses against my palms which protects my throats. I resist as the teeth of the Chain Blade cut through my glove and into my skin. I send my right elbow flying. Breaking ribs, the Inf lets go. I am not finished. I send a knee crashing to his face.

“You’ve got this kid,” Downs says spotting me from somewhere.

I take off my helmet, and pull out my knife.

“Let’s do this,” I say.

We move in circles preparing for melee combat.

He takes the first strike. Anticipating his moves, I lunge to my left, and slice his side followed by a spin. Standing behind him, I am kicked in the stomach. I lay on the ground gasping for air. He makes an attempt to stab me in the face, but I catch his hand an inch from my nose. I twist his hand and punch him in the head with the blade of my knife. He stumbles back. He sweep kicks me, but I jump and land a spin hook kick to the face. He gets up and tackles me. I stand my ground. He tries to push me over but I am stronger than him. I take my knife and stab him in the back. He punches me in the face. Left hook, right uppercut, two hand slap. Dazed, I swing with all my might. Landing a fatal punch in the cheek, I feel the skull bend. I keep punching, He catches one of the. My arm is twisted. Pain shoots through my body as my radius and ulna is separated from my elbow. As he recovers, I seize the opportunity to side kick him and he goes flying. He gets up fighting stance, though obviously dazed. He tries for a punch which I predictably block. I grab his head and send my knife up his chin and the tip peeks out the top.

The base turns blue.

“Nice job kid,” Downs says.