PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NCJD Volume 2
Thread: NCJD Volume 2
View Single Post
Old 2015-03-24, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DeathsVirgin
Private

Chapter 9: Fall of the Republic

We freefall, taking in the astonishing view. 16 square miles of lights and building illuminating the night sky.

We open our parachutes.

“OK, guys,” I say to Typhoon Lagoon, “we’re the good guys here. Take out the TR. DO NOT shoot any NS, and secure any civilians.”

We open our parachutes, and take formation with the squads. After about 5 minutes, everything is set. Snipers and light assaults on the roofs. The ground forces are in Roman tortoise formation. MAX’s shave their shields up, and the infantry is shooting in between them protected.

We wait in silence. A loud bag and a blue smoke round goes up in the air.

We can see the Terran army marching in the distance. We charge.

The Terran army starts with their artillery. 105mm howitzers hit hard. Some of the MAXs stumble back, but the Aegis shield is super tough. We get into firing range and begin shooting. One by one they fall. Their gunfire concentrates on the MAXs. Our MAX’s begin to fall suddenly, and with limited protection, we are exposed.

The two forces continue to draw near. I am in the 5th row, but now the 2nd as our faces fall. The air fleet gives us support. A PARADE of missiles hit the front guard of the Republic infantry leaving a giant gap everywhere. After the first sweep, the Air Fleet is shot down by everything they have. The debris falls on us, killing many.

We continue to march and shoot. A soldier falls in front of me. I nervously take his place. The Terran are 100 meters away. With no target I spray and pray. I get hit with a piercing round. My personal shields are gone, and my health is in the reds. I fall to my knees, but an arm lifts me up. Marcos with a cheeky smile, heals me.

“Get your balls out of your ass. We’re fighting here, kiddo.”

He joins me on the front line and we continue shooting. I use my Nanite mesh generator steadily, as many bullets hit me. At about 50 feet, everyone stops shooting and takes out melee. NS came up with swords and mass produced them.

The NC Mag Saber vs TR Chainsaw. The Mag saber is made for cutting and stabbing, while the Chainsaw is used for pain and slashing.

We sprint at eachother. I spot one target and sprint at him. A sea of red and blue clashes and mixes. I stab the guy, duck a swing from a woman, and strike her in the side. I feel spine then retract. The teeth of a Chainsaw digs into my leg, I fall in agony. The soldier tries to stab me in the chest as I am on the floor. A Typhoon Lagoon member interjects with her sword and slices the man’s head clean off. She helps me up and we continue fighting.
An infiltrator charges at me. I kick him in the chest, feeling ribs break. His lungs must be punctured. I raise my sword to strike, and am knocked to the ground my a MAX. Almost unconscious, I try to get up, but my pelvis is broken, and my shoulders are dislocated. A medic rushes over to me in the midst of the chaos and heal me. Right as the turn to leave, the teeth of a Chainsaw slices their throat. Blood spews everywhere. I retaliate by stabbing the woman in the throat as well. Someone kicks me in the back, and my spine breaks. Unable to control myself, I land right on top of the staggering woman’s blade. Paralysed, and pain deficient I lay there useless.

“Blake, the f*ck you doing dumbass! Are you cowering at a time like this!” Sarah says healing me. I scoff.

TR continues to lose men and is pushed back.

“The Mechs are here!” Downs radios.

We make a giant gap in the main road as Mech fly a foot above the ground past us at 20 miles an hour. We have about 100 Mechs, who begin to spread throughout the city.

I put my sword in its sheath, and take out my knife and pistol. We continue to advance with our Mechs and push the TR. I engage a woman in a knife and pistol vs sword fight. She is fast and nimble. I look down, and see that the blade has gone through my body. Pain jolts through me. She retracts slowly, grinning, twisting it around and around. My intestines wrap around the sword and my pain is ended by death.

I respawn, but decide to gun on the Galaxy. I go into the cockpit, grab a gunning tablet and get to work. The TR mechs arrive, and the push stops dramatically. We are only a mile away from the TR brass. I aim the grenade launcher for the Mechs. Missing everyshot, I realise I’m not a gunner for a reason and return back to the field. Tanks in the rear guard acting as sniper cannons, I am almost shot down accidentally. I hop out of my pod to face a Mech. I take my rocket launcher out, fire, and sprint. Many others follow my guerilla tactic. Timmy comes out from the rooftops. He sprints, jumps, land on the Mech and glaces C-4 on it. He gives me a thumbs up and flies aways. The Mech sprays me and I dive as it explodes.

“Damn, Timmy,” I say.

The TR order a “tactical retreat” making them easier targets to shoot.

As they run, to our surprise, tens of TR turn on their own and shoot with us.

“Why are you helping us,” I ask gun pointed as the main TR force runs away.

“Put your gun down hotshot. I’m tired of sleeping my way up the ranks. I wanna join something legit like the NC. Something not corrupt” she says.

“Plus I heard you guys have an awesome island,” one teen adds.

“They’re gonna give you hell for a citizenship…” I say.

About 400 TR soldiers have unofficially joined the NC. We pursue them.

We march into downtown Gresley, with banners and flags raised.

The TR are harassing their citizens. A Soldier grabs a young girl as a meat shield. Many soldiers on the front guard do the same. People sob as they realize how corrupt their military is.

The Terran jeer at us, urging us to shoot.

“Help me! Someone help! Why are you doing this!” the girl sobs.

“Snipers!” I demand.

“Snipers!” Downs repeats.

Every team requests their snipers, and one by one, the Terran fall. They again retreat leaving battered and sobbing citizens.

“Are you OK?” I ask the girl.

“Why did you guys help us?” she asks snivelling.

“Heh, ironic huh? Where are your guardians,” I ask.

The girl points a trembling finger at a woman laying on the ground in pool of her own blood. She does not disappear. She is gone forever. The girl begins crying. I kneel and place my hands on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry, OK? Everything’s gonna be good in the NC.”

Evac Galaxies arrive and we load up the civilians hiding in shops or shocked on the streets.

“Wait I never got your name,” She says.

“I’m Fred Blake,” I respond.

“So chivalrous,” Jill says.

“These bastards are gonna pay,” I mutter.

“OK, last push. We storm the Brass building and execute. No one gets out alive,” Downs says.

The TR don’t even try to stop us. 150 more soldiers turn. And we march to the brass building, liberating more citizens.

Pretty soon, we arrive. Liberators begin dropping bombs, Mech shoot their canons. In one minute the building is nothing but rubble.

The airfleet decimates the remaining 600 soldiers and Mechs.

We cheer. Some laugh, some cry. We have taken over the Terran.

“Commence Phase 4,” Downs command.

“Where do they keep the prisoners,” I ask Jack and Sheila, my new buddies.

NC forces, take out hiding soldiers and we storm into the jail. Sure enough, our comrades are waiting for us.

I take a look at Nnenne and am almost in tears. She has been beaten badly. Probably tortured.

“Hey sis,” I say.

“D-Did we beat em?” She asks.

“Yeah, we kicked ass,” I reply.

Last edited by DeathsVirgin; 2015-03-25 at 07:03 PM.