PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Smedley - "Planetside 2 2.0 in September"
View Single Post
Old 2015-06-13, 06:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: Smedley - "Planetside 2 2.0 in September"

There you are hitting the core issue with this game and "professional" game development in general, Calista.
Due to several factors (Payment model, production costs, greed, idiocy) the vast majority of (non-indie) games are aimed at the "average joe", the lowest common denominator. That "attract the dudebro" mantra seems to have taken over every aspect, making games lose everything that made them unique in the process and turning companies and players alike into cynical adversaries.

With less producion costs and maybe a different monetization method PS2 could have been a profit making unique shooter that would have not been for everyone. But for a dedicated niche audience. But nope, it has to be "all the money" from "everyone", sacrificing creativity and yet another ip in the name of a narrow business view.

Gawd, i need to stop coming to here lol. I bet my post history makes me sound like a bitter twat by now.

ALL SMEDS FAULT!