PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Smedley - "Planetside 2 2.0 in September"
View Single Post
Old 2015-06-22, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: Smedley - "Planetside 2 2.0 in September"

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
Porting PS2 into FL2 would be a massive waste of time imo. It's his comment that annoys me because it sounds like I've heard that before...and here we are.

Console, PC, it doesn't matter. The average gamer in general isn't used to the absolute raping you'll get when you first hop into the game. If these new console players come in with the same mentality they have when they play the smaller, round based games then PS2 on PS4 is going to fail. In no other game can you throw balance out the window by dropping a platoon into the mix. Battlefield doesn't let you go from 64v64 to 64v128 at the drop of a hat.
What I find funny as shit is that PS1 was better balanced, and it mattered infinitely more if your outfit and platoon could adapt to situations and come up with creative solutions with the tools given to you. PS2 has so few of those tools and options available and it creates so many more problems for the game. The learning curve for ps1 wasn't as bad because it had a decent tutorial and generally pointed you in the right direction. You'd still get buttfucked to hell by a decent group of players but it wasn't nearly as harsh. At the same time, it counted more on your personal skill level than your battle rank.

Battle rank and gear available matters more in PS2 than it does in PS1.

Sad.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2015-06-22 at 04:13 PM.