PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Beta Beer??? New Dev posts.
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-03, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Beta Beer??? New Dev posts.

Topic: Beta beer...
Rypht
Station Member
Registered: Jan 1999 posted 12-03-2002 11:59 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So uh... where do we send the beer to get into beta?
hehehe, sorry, a little Tribes 2 humor there

***** DEV RESPONSE *****
SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-03-2002 12:28 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We joked about making a "beta beer" announcement here also. But we very carefully didn't put out that request this time.
That was a blast with T2, and the wild and wooly shop that was Dynamix...but SOE is a more professional place and we're handling the beta as efficiently and logically as possible so that a) the beta is as effective as possible, and b) there's no cries of favoritism after the beta is completed.

Man...I miss those cases of micro-brews though. Heh. I swear the T2 team drank its way around the world a few times with all the stuff that got sent to Dynamix.

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-03-2002 12:58 PM user search report post
Nyet! No beer! (Gawd...who thought I would ever say THAT in my life?)
Seriously...that's not even the right address. (The dev team for Planetside is actually in Missouri outside of St. Louis.)

We absolutely will not, in any way, shape or form, show favoritism in the beta selection process. Seriously. Only qualified applicants will be admitted.

If, after understanding that we will NOT show favoritism in our beta selection process, you still insist on sending beer, then go right ahead...who am I to stop you?

But seriously...please don't send beer as a bribe for beta. It absolutely, unequivocably, will not work.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/000478.html