PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Outfit Resources
Thread: Gameplay: Outfit Resources
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Deadeye
Sergeant

Re: Outfit Resources

Originally Posted by ZaBa View Post
Seems like PS2 has spawn timer for vehicles as well right now, on the order of 5-15 minutes, so you're probably not going to be able to pull several of the same vehicle at once no matter how big your bank is. I would imagine this is partly to balance vehicle populations, and partly to avoid "oh let me just pull half a dozen max-spec tanks for my squad, because I'm certed up and they're not". (to clarify, as far as we know certs don't have any affect on what you can do this time, only on what you have access to at an equipment terminal)

I can see it being fairly useful anyway, if only because of the difference in cost between a fistful of grenades and a Liberator. Even after timers, it's only going to take one or two accidents for pilots to find themselves eating a lot more resources than infantry.
That's why I suggest that the Commander in my suggestion is allowed to either give Guys A and B the resources and they each pull a galaxy or the commander can use a drop down menu system for each soldier and use that to say "You, Guy A can pull one galaxy and you, Guy B, can pull one Galaxy" and they go ahead and buy them and the resources are automatically deducted from the Outfit's bank account.

Since each guy is pulling a galaxy and not just the commander, you avoid the spawn timer and the outfit can still foot the bill for the galaxies.