PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Mission System: Commander Votes/Ratings
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-26, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Mission System: Commander Votes/Ratings

I only just realized a possible problem the Mission System in PS2 might run into.

If a player were to specialize as a Commander, then gets bored (somehow.. I don't really think it's ever possible with PS2) and decides for whatever reason to be a spy for another empire. Or if an outfit decide they could use an account that could play another empire on their server, and specialize as a commander.

With this Command Specialization, they have now theoretically gained the ability to create missions. A team or outfit wanting to divert enemy troops away from their main objective could now, in theory.. have someone playing on an account dedicated to the role of throwing off large amounts of enemy troops to parts of the map they don't care about.

I thought "What if" to this.. I think it would still supply both teams with objectives and kills and would not break the game in the smallest form, and in fact may even add to it.

I think a good idea to counteract this, or at least support commands given by the more specialized commanders - would be to give the other commanders the ability to vote on a given mission to that empire.
Votes could be given before the mission is given to the masses of troops waiting for more objectives, or simply afterward. Each vote towards the mission would perhaps amplify the rewards in xp and/or resources to the players.

Voting on other commander's missions could supply the commanders with possible rankings or ratings as commanders that don't stack up over time. They could give players an estimate on which commanders missions got the most votes in 2 week-1 month periods for the missions they created that were successful. (Successful battle-plans could give a higher rating, if the mission was completed within a required time frame)

This would allow for leader-boards among commanders, and achievements for those who held the top 5-10 for a week-month, and could allow unlocks of certain armour/vehicle addons. Or even titles/emblems.

I think this would be a good way to distinguish commanders and allow for the good ones to have their chance to stand out, yet not keeping their 'cr5 backpack' if they don't keep up with commanding regularly.

I 'm sure much could be added or tweaked with this idea, but please let me know what you think!

Last edited by DDSHADE; 2012-05-26 at 02:07 AM.