PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Questions for Pro7
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
SealedSun
Contributor
Private

Question Re: Questions for Pro7

I haven't seen these so far:
  • Will there be any differences in the provided content between PS2 by ProSieben and PS2 by SOE, that is, could ProSieben decide to not introduce, say, a new vehicle that SOE has developed for the US version?
  • Can ProSieben influence weapon/vehicle balancing for the EU version of the game/servers?
  • Will the business model be the same, or could ProSieben decide to charge for more powerful weapons (and go down the pay2win route, like all their other games)?

I'm asking because the official ProSiebenSat.1 FAQ stated
Looking ahead, SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games will closely monitor the needs and wishes of local communities to bring special content as appropriate to European players.
and
Players in Europe can expect special content, offers and promotions, including in-game items for the above mentioned SOE games that are included as part of the agreement with ProSiebenSat.1 Games.
Technically, this could all be sold as "catering to the wishes of the European community" (i.e., "Yes, they totally want to spend money to gain an unfair advantage. Past experiences with our own games have clearly shown that")

Last edited by SealedSun; 2012-07-16 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Added quote about exclusive European items.