PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-30, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

I never really had a problem with BFRs, and at the time it was the only mmofps that had them...ok it was the only mmofps period. I also liked old oshur and at the same time like the new rules, just not the blocky islands.

But you see, that's the problem here, we all played this game for a long time, most of you probably more then me, so we all have special attachments or special dislikes to certain aspects and elements.
Condensing all those different opinions (and the ones on here are just some of them) into one concept and ruleset for a Ps server would be extremely difficult when you start messing with the details.

Which is why i say keep it as simple and "default" as possible. That being said i wouldn't start a campaign for BFRs if they should stay in VR.

Now SOE, where is our source code? Internet law demands you give us a try.

Edit:
Also, what really sometimes annoys me about this BFR debate; There is allways this weird conclusion being made by people who really, really dislike BFRs, that no FPS game ever should have them - or atleast no planetside game. Now by all means, don't get me wrong, the dislike for BFRs itself is completely reasonable in my opinion after the first introduction of them into Ps1.
But the conclusion that because of the way they worked back then they therefore can never be implemented again is, quite honestly, ludicrous. With some creative thinking and simple number tweaking they could fit in without a problem. Just replace their guns with emp thumpers, problem solved.
In the end it's simply a question of aesthetics: do you like a mech in your fps or not. And i do.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2014-05-30 at 10:24 PM.