PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Just got back into ps1
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: Just got back into ps1

Originally Posted by GuyShep View Post
Maybe you should try working on a Planetside private server or something. If people care so much about Planetside 1 being F2P, that is.
I have a better idea. What if there were legit competition to PS2 as a true MMOFPS that did everything except better? Competition breeds innovation and when nature experiments, the result is often extinction for those unwilling or inable to think outside the box in any meaningful way. It was my opinion in 2005 that smed is outdated and has no new ideas, it still is my opinion.

the only reason arma2/day-z/wasteland is unsatisfying is because it lacks any real persistence or substance. Everything is reset every few hours because of server resets/reboots. War-z is a joke because the guy designing that was/is a failure of a copycat. What if that problem could be fixed?

Further on swgemu, what if that were merely a testbed for a conceptual, working prototype?

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-12-23 at 02:06 PM.