PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cloakers and jacking
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-06, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: Cloakers and jacking

Originally Posted by Huma View Post
True your not stuck in a role but at tue same time your inherently going to be less effective as someone who specializes in that role. I guess what I'm saying really is that I'd like to see some more flexibility in cloakers really.

I think I see what you’re getting at. You want to be able to play the cloaker class and hack terms, install viruses, immobilize vehicles, etc while in a cloaked suit. But you also want to be able to hop into Agile armour to fight in more intense battles and still be able to use all of your Cloaker “non-combat” skills (hacking, viruses, immobilization) while being able to use an upgradable rifle-sized weapon of some sort (like Suppressor or Sweeper) as well. Basically you want the cloaker class to have access to 2 different types of armour and at least some of the “lighter” rifle-sized weapons like the Suppressor, and maybe other P90/MP5-style SMG’s which as a Cloaker you’d be able to upgrade. Is that right?

If so, then yes I agree. The Cloaker class should have access to an unarmoured infil suit like in PS1 that only has pistol slots, and an Agile suit that protects like Agile armour but can’t equip the “heavier” infantry weapons (like HA, ESAV/Deci’s, Bolt driver). So in PS1 terms you’d have one 3x9-sized rifle slot that can’t hold the larger 3x12 weapons.

And, to extrapolate further, I think something similar should apply to all Classes: Having more than 1 armour-type available, but customized such that they differentiate between how many “light” (i.e. - 3x9) and “heavy” (3x12) weapons they can carry. That way each Class could vary their combat role a little bit while still being able to use all of their "non-combat" skills.

This could balance out the Ghillie suit for Snipers as well. So the Sniper class could have access to 3 different armour suits:

"Combat Sniper" Rexo - 1 3x12 slot (for the sniper rifle), 1 3x9 slot (for sweeper, MA, etc), 2 pistol slots, no camouflage.
"Sniper Scout" Agile - 1 3x12 slot, 2 pistol slots, suit has a permanent camouflage pattern on it that's selectable at the term based on your anticipated environment (arctic, desert, forest, night).
"Ghillie" suit - has NO armour, 1 3x12 slot, 2 pistol slots, but instead of the "fringe" Predator-style cloaking ability that I believe PS2 cloakers will get, the armour slowly changes color to match the ground around the sniper so long as the sniper doesn't move. Full color change takes ~1 minute.

Last edited by Erendil; 2011-08-06 at 06:13 PM.